Our lawn insect & disease control service for Washington properties in and around Spokane, Spokane Valley, and Liberty Lake will prevent attacks from lawn insects and lawn disease.
There are insects and lawn diseases that can invade your yard and our professionals are knowledgeable about the various types.
There is nothing more satisfying than a lush, thriving lawn. Our knowledgeable and experienced professionals are familiar with the various types of insects and diseases that can plague your yard.
At Sure Green Lawn & Tree Service, Inc., we’ve acquired skill and experience serving customers in Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, and the nearby communities in Washington, by preventing their lawns from being invaded, attacked, and damaged by lawn insects and lawn diseases.
Common Plant & Lawn Diseases Found in Our Area & the Damage They Cause
There are a number of plant and lawn diseases that can devastate your yard. One of the most troubling in our area is a soil-based fungus called necrotic ring spot, which causes ring-shaped damage to your lawn. We have specific treatments for ring spot in the month of May, which relieves your lawn of existing spots and prevents future damage.
It’s important to catch these diseases early and to allow us to treat for them aggressively to prevent further damage.
Other common plant diseases and fungi that we treat in our area include:
- Red Thread - Forms in undernourished grass in cool wet conditions (Spring/Fall). Causes thin, red strands that sprout from grass blades.
- Rhizoctonia - Affects cool-season grasses during warm, humid weather. Causes “brown patch,” and is treated with anti-fungus and fertilizer treatments.
- Melting Out - Caused by a fungal pathogen called “Dreschlera poae” during the months of April and May. Leads to black or purple spots on grass blades.
- Pine Needle Scale - Caused by a small armored scale called "Chionaspis pinifoia" that is attracted to the sugars in some evergreen trees. Can cause death of the needles and over time, the tree itself.
- Shot Hole Fungus - This is also known as Coryneum blight and is usually found in fruit trees as well as some flowering trees. It affects the tree's ability to produce fruit.
Our Lawn Insect & Disease Control Prevents White Grubs, Chinch Bugs, & Other Insects From Damaging Grass & Multiplying
If left untreated, your lawn can become a thriving environment for multiplying pests of all shapes and sizes. There are some insects that can actually be beneficial to your plants and lawn, but others can cause devastation.
Our lawn insect and disease control treats for all insects that feed on grass blades and roots, which are most common during the warmer times of year (growing season).
Here is a list of many common pests that damage lawns and multiply quickly in the communities of Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, WA and beyond:
- White Grubs - These critters feed on grass roots, causing damage and discoloration. Common during the warmer times of the year.
- Sod Webworm - Feed on cool-season grass leaving dead, brown patches
- Caterpillars - Feast on your lawn and if an infestation is untreated, your lawn may require re-seeding and soil treatment
- Cut Worms - Moth larvae that come out at night to feed on grass blades.
- Chinch Bugs - Suck moisture from grass blades and inject a poison that prevents water flow, leading to large patches of dead grass.
We also offer preventative European crane fly treatment in early spring.
Call to have our lawn insect and disease control services protect your property from damaging insects and plant diseases.
At Sure Green Lawn & Tree Service, Inc., our experienced professionals protect your property from invasive, damaging insects and plant diseases. Call (509) 927-6767 today for expertly executed lawn insect & disease service in Spokane, Spokane Valley, Liberty Lake, and other surrounding Washington communities.
Recent Insect & Disease Control Articles
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
In eastern Washington, we have a few problematic insects that can kill off a lawn, but European crane flies can cause damage to...
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Some spiders are harmless while others can cause skin irritation or more severe symptoms. Unfortunately, there are a few species...
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Keeping your lawn and landscaping in great condition takes strategy and consistency in many different areas. One of the major...
Read more insect and disease control articles on our blog.